Ten Outstanding Young Persons Awards - Criteria
- Nominees must be between 18 and 40 years of age. Nominees born before January 1, 1976 or after December 31, 1997 are not eligible for the Ten Outstanding Young Persons of the World Award. A certified copy of the ID/Birth Certificate should be uploaded along with the nomination form to prove the age of the nominee.
- The nominee must be a native-born or naturalized citizen of the nation from which the nomination originates, or must have applied for citizenship by January 1, 2015.
- Nominees need NOT to be members of the organization, provided they meet all other requirements and register through a JCI National Organization.
- The nominee may not be a current member of the International Board. In addition paid staff members will not be considered for the JCI TOYP program.
- The nominator must attest to all facts contained in the form and granting permission for publication of these facts. With agreeing to these terms, the nominee also indicates willingness, barring extreme circumstances, to attend the JCI TOYP Awards Ceremony in Québec, Canada if selected as a 2016 Honoree.
- All information must be contained on the official online form. Scrapbooks, audiotapes, etc. are not used in the judging process. If a candidate is selected as one of the honorees, however, these items will be requested by JCI World Headquarters.
- A good quality, 4" x 6" (10 cm x 15 cm), head-and-shoulders photograph must be uploaded with the official nomination form.
- The nominee must be entered in one of the ten categories listed on the online form. Please note: Each nominee may be nominated in only one category per form.
- National Organizations can submit unlimited nomination forms.
- A person who passed away between the national and the international competition cannot be nominated for the international TOYP award.
- Nominees must be willing to promote the ideals of JCI for the year 2016/2017 after winning the award.
- Nomination forms must be submitted online to JCI Barbados by Friday, May 20th, 2016 and only in English.
Nomination Forms available here. No late submissions will be accepted.
For more information, questions or concerns, contact JCI Barbados at firstname.lastname@example.org