Ten Outstanding Young Persons Awards - Criteria
- Nominees must be between the ages of 18 and 40. Individuals must turn 18 prior to January 1 the year of the JCI World Congress for which they are nominated. A certified copy of the ID/Birth Certificate should be uploaded along with the nomination form to prove the age of the nominee.
- The nominee must be a native-born or naturalized citizen of the nation from which the nomination originates, or must have applied for citizenship by January 1 of the preceding year.
- Nominees need not be members of the organization, as long as they meet the previous two requirements and register through a JCI Local Organization.
- The nominee may not be a current member of the International Board. In addition paid staff members will not be considered for the JCI TOYP program.
- The nominee must sign the declaration of nomination form and upload it attesting to all facts contained in the form and granting permission for publication of these facts. By signing this form, the nominee also indicates willingness, barring extreme circumstances, to attend the JCI TOYP Ceremony at the JCI World Congress, if selected for the award.
- All information must be contained on the official online form. Scrapbooks, audiotapes, etc. are not used in the judging process. If a candidate is selected as one of the ten international honorees, however, these items will be requested by JCI World Headquarters.
- A good quality (300 dpi) head-and-shoulders photograph must be uploaded with the official nomination form.
- National Organizations can submit unlimited nomination forms.
- A person who passed away between the national and the international competition cannot be nominated for the international JCI TOYP award.
- Nominees must be willing to promote the ideals of JCI for the year after winning the award.
- Each nominee must be entered in one (1) of the following ten (10) categories:
- Business, economic and/or entrepreneurial accomplishment
- Political, legal and/or governmental affairs
- Academic leadership and/or accomplishment
- Cultural achievement
- Moral and/or environmental leadership
- Contribution to children, world peace and/or human rights
- Humanitarian and/or voluntary leadership
- Scientific and/or technological development
- Personal improvement and/or accomplishment
- Medical innovation
For more information, questions or concerns, contact JCI Barbados at firstname.lastname@example.org
© Copyright Junior Chamber International Barbados 2020